This post will be in english, as the content might be interesting to more than norwegians.
With the latest new cameras from Nikon, Canon-users expect a new 5D, probably a 5D Mark II.
But as always, not much news from Canon, leaving us with little info, and depending on some rumors-sites.
My main resource on these rumors are Photographybay.com.
Yesterday, the following spec was published:
The new 5D II will not be released at Photokina, but instead will be a surprise announcement on April 22, according to a source I am unwilling to disclose.
The specs of the new camera are as follows (final name unavailable):
– 15.3 MP full frame CMOS sensor (vastly improved light-gathering capacity per pixel: improved micro lenses; miniaturized micro circuitry; enhanced signal/noise ratio)
– Weather sealing same as 1Ds Mark III
– Dual Digic III with all-new “CXR” NR system reported to best 3rd party NR software. Available as a C.F with 4 levels of customizable parameters.
– 14 bit A/D conversion
– ISO 12800 (C.F. up to 25600)
– Reported 1 2/3 stop sensitivity improvement
– All-new 29-point TTL CMOS sensor with 12 cross-type for F/2.8 or faster lens (35% faster than 40D)
– Micro lens fine adjustment for up to 14 lenses
– 300,000 exposure shutter durability
– 6.0 / 3.0 fps
– 3.0″ LCD
– 922,000 pixels
– EOS Integrated Cleaning System
– Live View (improved from 450D; latest generation)
– 6/3 fps continuous shooting for up to 68 frames
– MSRP $3499, available June 2
Prisen tilsvarer rundt 17000,- NOK i norske kroner pr idag
I haven’t decided on buying a 5D, which will probably be sold for less than today, or the new model.
However, if these rumors are true, the new model will be very interesting.
Especially the MP, the weather sealing, bigger display, cleaning system and live-view.
This will not be easy…
[tags]Canon, EOS 5D Mark II[/tags]